Tuesday, August 5, 2008

36 weeks and the Baby wants to come!

So I just got back from the doctor today and I am a little concerned. First of all I am only 36 weeks, plus a couple of days and the baby is still breech. I have been hoping and praying that this little one would flip around, but now a second doctor has told me that isn't much of a possibility, it seems my uterus is too small. Well I thought that was the biggest worry I had, but last Friday they found some protein in my urine and are worrying now about toxemia (of which I thought was absurd, because I have no other symptoms) but today they had me come back in and recheck the urine and I still have the protein. Not to mention that Friday when they checked me I wasn't doing a thing and now as of Tuesday I am dilated to a 2+. The doctor was not happy about that (because of the whole c-section issue) and my doctor is out of town until Friday, so he said I am on complete bed rest now. I have already been doing the bed rest thing since like 24 weeks, but it was for me and never had to do with the baby's well being, now they are worried about her. The biggest worry is the C-section and that they don't want me to go in to labor on my own. The doctor said if my blood pressure would have been high today they would have taken the baby because of the toxemia and the dilating, but he hopes we can make it at least one more week. I really don't want the baby to come this early. I know a lot people don't worry once they hit 36 weeks, but there is a reason the Lord made it 40 weeks and I would like her to develop within the womb as the Lord intended it, not in the intensive care unit as the doctor explained it.

Well I know I shouldn't worry, but I was not a huge fan of the c-section and I so wanted to have a vaginal birth and it looks like that is just not going to ever happen for me. I really think that is the hardest part for me, to know that I can never deliver a baby on my own. Don't get me wrong I will take her how ever I can get her, but there is a little bit of sadness knowing that a c-section is the only way.

Well now I get to lie in bed and pray that these contractions don't increase and that I can make it one more week at least. I can't believe how different this pregnancy has been from Ethan. I went from the easiest pregnancy in the world, to one that has definitely kept me on my toes. I feel like every time I go to the doctor they tell me a new thing I should be concerned about. Well pray that this little girl stays put a little longer and that we can make it at least until my doctor gets back from his vacation.

11 comments:

It Just Keeps Getting Better said...

Okay i'm leaving a comment but, I also will be calling you. I know you are worried, and that's normal. But you and that baby are going to do great. And the c-s on Ethan was bad because you also went through a long labor. You and the baby are our prayers. I love you aim, Love juls

The Webbs said...

Hang in there Amy! My experience with these little ones is they come exactly when they are supposed to and the Lord makes sure the right people are there to help bring them into this world. Every pregnancy and birth is as different as these little spirits that come into our homes.
This baby went full term, I was induced at 10 am & had her by 2 pm (the day my doctor came back from his vacation). My previous baby was 34 weeks 4.6 lbs and an emergency c-section, he really gave us a scare. And I had toxemia with my first, was put on bed rest, but still went into preterm labor.
Oh what we go through to get these babies here, as if it's not hard enough just to grow them :)
Take care of yourself, I hope everything goes smoothly for you guys. Can't wait to see her!
Love, Jenna

Hillary said...

Amy,

You and and the baby are definitely in our prayers. Just know that whatever happens, the Lord is watching over you and will guide those around you to make the best and most skilled decisions and actions possible to bring her here safely. I know what you mean about the disappointment over the c-section. While it's true that the most important thing is a healthy baby, there is definitely a big part of me that isn't ready to give up on the idea of pregnancy and natural labor.

I'm sure this c-section will be so much smoother than the last. I know they're hard, but I bet you'll feel so much better without the long labor, pushing, and inversion.

Rest and make sure Matt keeps taking great care of you! If you're bored, have him get you the 4th Twilight book--it's entertaining and makes hours go by really fast!

Love,
Hill

The Flint's said...

You can totally do it!! Bedrest stinks but what's another week! I know lots of things to do if you get bored :) Girls do better in the NICU than boys do (we know from experience :( I know that they come when they need to come and that it all works out in the end and plus it helps build your testimony!!

Amber said...

It seems like you never know what life if going to throw at you. Hang in there. Know that you guys are in our prayers.

Jill said...

Amy-
Your baby will be fine I'm sure! Sorry about the c-section thing, that stinks! I just wanted to apologize for the other day, when you called. You said Hi Jill this is Amy Parkin and it did not dawn on me who you were until we hung up. I know you as Amy McCormack so it didn't click. So sorry if I sounded weird and sorry I didn't chat with you longer. Anyway good luck with your baby, having a girl is the best!! Love ya, Jill

Amber said...

I saw Lisa's post and I can't believe that she is already here!! I can imagine that things were crazy there so a little while. Hopefully now you can just enjoy your beautiful new baby girl!!

Bigfatdummy said...

Grats! New baby! Whoo Hoo!

loveourboys said...

Amy-Cute, Adorable, Precious little GIRL!! Congratulations-I'm glad everything went pretty smooth for you-Let me know when I can come see you-Love ya-Stace

Trish said...

Hey Amy-
Congratulations!! Your little girl is absolutely beautiful! I love you both and hope that you are doing well. Take care of yourself and enjoy your little blessing.
Trish

Shaundee said...

Amy,
I saw your cute little girl on Lisa's post! She is amazing. Sorry about all of the complications, but look at the great results you make! It is so much fun with a newborn. It goes by way too fast so enjoy her, kiss her, and smell her all of the time. Can't wait to meet her!
Love
Shaundee