Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Something Wonderful This Way Comes...

Welcome to our beautiful baby Sarah! The day after I wrote my post about our little Sarah wanting to come, she did. She came into our life on Wednesday, August 6, 2008 at 6:52 p.m. She was 36 weeks and 5 days and was delivered by C-section. She weighed 7 lbs 10 ounces and was 20 inches long. Does that sound like the weight of an early baby! But that face, how cute is that face!

I couldn't believe how alert she was from the moment she was delivered...look at those eyes.

I just want to kiss those cheeks! Don't you love the new baby smell and the sounds they make.

This is right before they wheeled me in for the surgery. Not the best angle for me, but Matt looks cute, so I'll take the hit.

Matt all gowned up for the surgery, thank goodness he was there for me, he makes everything better. To say I was nervous and that I dislike C-sections is an understatement.

Sarah right after delivery. Look at that body, does she look like she could be early?

About an hour after Sarah was born I actually got to hold her. It was very emotional and I couldn't believe how much I loved her at first sight. I was so grateful that she was healthy and there were no complications. We are blessed.

Here is the first family picture. I can't believe we have two now. Ethan just wanted to get on the bed and give me kisses...I was a little nervous with the whole being cut open just an hour earlier. I have a feeling I will be reminding him alot about mommies hurt tummy.

(Matt's entry) This is one of the most classic pictures, Ethan tried every joke in his repertoire . . . but, to no avail, babies really have no sense of humor. Amy and I got back from Applebee's and from the look of things Ethan was noticeably irritated from having to babysit so soon. "Hey buddy, remember who pays the rent," that's what I say. Am I right?

Great Grandma Sally, whom Sarah is named after.

Grandma McCormack or as the grandkids call her Mama. Thanks to my mom who was here everyday last week taking care of Ethan, Sarah, and I. I couldn't have done it without you, I love you mom!

The proud Daddy. From the minute we found out that we were pregnant, Matt wanted a little girl. You have never seen a happier dad.

No one could love her more, well except maybe me.

Sarah and I on Friday. I loved getting her dressed. Thank goodness Matt is graduated and I can spend all the money I want on clothing now.

I love this picture, the way she is looking at me and the idea that she so recently gazed upon heavenly things. Priceless.

Abby taking her turn holding the baby. She was so excited, she couldn't get enough of her.

Britton holding Sarah, Bryson, Ethan, Parker, and Abby. Thanks to Lisa who watched Ethan the entire time I was in the hospital (from Wednesday - Saturday) while Dan was out of town and having 4 children of her own. No one could ask for a more self-less sister. We love you and Ethan of course had a blast! Thank you, we really couldn't have done it without you.

After all is said and done, it now comes down to two. The two people in our lives who have stole our hearts and make every moment special. This is one of those precious moments...I walked into the family room to find Ethan patting Sarah and singing rock-a-bye-baby. He looked up at me and said, "Mommy I am patting baby Sarah." That was the first time he really showed any real interest towards Sarah. At that moment all time slowed down and I realized, there is nothing more wonderful and pure than a child. He was so proud of himself and so aware of Sarah. It gave me a small glimpse into the future and the joy these two will bring to one another's lives. All the pain and everything I went through to get this baby here, was all worth it. These two will be everything to one another and certainly are everything to Matt and I. We love you, Ethan and Sarah.

Thanks to everyone who has helped during the pregnacy and the birth. We love you all!

14 comments:

Browns said...

Amy! She is so beautiful. Congratulations! I'm glad to hear everything went good, with her being so early and all. I love the picture of Ethan holding her in the chair with his head resting on his arm. So cute.

Trish said...

Sarah is so cute! I want to hold her so bad! I love and miss you guys so much.
Trish

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karli Anderson said...

Amy-

Hey!!! Sarah is so cute. I can't wait to see her hopefully in December. We love and miss you guys.

KAR

P.S. kyle, katie, and I's blog name is: Texas Treo Triumphs, there's two that's why, one's for all the cousins, And the other is for friends in HS or others to look at and so but will see you all in December. Just click on my name and it should go to our blog.

Tara said...

AMES!!! You are still the biggest sweetie you were in high school! Congrats! on your babe. She is beautiful and so is your family. We are the bloggers out of our friends! What is up with them. I just started though. I miss you! I'm so glad I found your blog...I will definitely be checking it out!

The Flint's said...

SO ADORABLE!! She is so beautiful!! Ethan will be a great big brother!! We're so glad everything turned out so well!! You have a wonderful family!

It Just Keeps Getting Better said...

Amy she looks great!! I can't believe how great you all look! Im so glad she is here, keep posting I don't want to miss a THING!!! Can't wait for all of you to come in November!! I love you and miss you all!!!
Juls

loveourboys said...

Amy she is beautiful. I bet it is so fun to say this is my "daughter". :) Sarah is a pretty name, I can't wait to see her. How are you feeling? Isn't it fun to Blog, I finally feel reconnected :) Love ya-Stace

Carrera said...

she is beautiful! I am so glad that things went well and that she is healthy! Congratulations, what a great addition to the family!!! I cant wait until we get to come see her!

Amber said...

She really is adorable! We are so happy for your cute little family.

Sarah L. said...

Congrats she is way cute and I am going to pretend that you named her after me. :) You all look so good and I loved hearing that everyone is happy and healthy.

thebarrusfamily said...

Congrats Amy!! She is adorable! and NO! She does NOT look like a preemie. She is so stinking cute!! Good luck with healing from the c-section. It sucks.

The Webbs said...

Amy, she is beautiful! congratulations! I hope you are feeling and doing well. I'm so happy to hear everything went smoothly.

Graham Family said...

Congrats! What a gorgeous little girl. It's good to hear from you. It looks like life is treating you good! Is it ok if i put you on my favorites? Alissa