I am not spontaneous, I wish I was, but I'm not. However this weekend I just wanted to getaway. Matt has been working so many hours and I have missed him so much. So literally within a few minutes we found a hotel called the resort Zermatt in Midvale and headed out. We packed in 30 minutes and we were out the door. Cassie called right when we were planning and said they wanted to come too. We got to Midvale at 4:30 and unpacked and then waited for about an hour for the Sandbergs to arrive. Ethan and Sarah you were so excited to put your stuff away in the drawers. Sarah it was so darling watching you perfectly place every item. After we unpacked everyone cuddled up in their bed and read while we waited for the Sandbergs to arrive. Ethan you were so excited to read Harry Potter. You are almost finished with the first book. Sarah you danced around the room and starred out the window. The only thing you both wanted to do was go swimming. You were so excited that you put your swimsuits on under your clothing. After Cassies family got there we went downstairs to Mattys bistro. Dinner was really nice. We all ordered pizza and the kids were perfect. Sarah you did fall off your chair and it was so loud when you fell that you could hear a pin drop after. Everyone was looking to see if you were ok. You were just fine, Just a little embarrassed. After dinner we headed to the pool. The pool was amazing! First of all it was like mid 30's outside. There was a pool inside and a hot tub with a waterfall. When you were in the pool you could swim through a little opening and get to the outside pool that was for children. It was only 2 feet deep. It was cold but you didn't mind one bit. It started to rain while we were out there. The rain kind of felt like needles on your skin, but it was fun. They also had a hot tub outside attached to the pool. We played swim games and talked and just enjoyed every minute we had together. Ethan you even swam the length of the big pool and nearly gave mom a heart attack. I thought you were drowning and you calming looked at me and said, "I just had to know if I could do it." Your brave buddy and becoming so independent. After swimming we all went back to our room and played games and had ice cream. It was lots of fun. We ended the night about 11;00 p.m. and everyone fell right to sleep. In the morning we headed out to the hub for breakfast and ate enough for an army. Then we went shopping at the outlets and got some new clothes and shoes. Sarah you got you first real belt. It was gold, you specifically wanted gold. After shopping the kids played on the playground. After that we headed home. Everyone is good and warn out. It was a wonderful weekend. I love my family!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment