Friday, June 22, 2012

Is there anyway to stop time?

Do you ever want to capture a moment, hold on to it, and hope it lasts forever...I do. I wish I could freeze time and keep Ethan this age forever. I wish I could journal everything perfectly and never forget one minute we spent together. I wish I could be as eloquent as some of the other bloggers I know and express myself so beautifully that every experience is remembered with perfect clarity.The last four years and fifteen days have been heaven on earth for me. He is simply the nicest little boy on the planet and I love him dearly. This is a glimpse of a typical daily conversation with Ethan.

 Sledding at Layton Park
 Ethan wearing Daddy's safety glasses
 Daddy and Ethan cuddling in the morning
Ethan...that smile!! You are the most adorable child! This is at Dinosaur museum in St. George
 Ethan and Parker at the Sandberg's for an Easter hunt
 Ethan or Superman! Aunt Cheryl, Gavin, and Marissa came to stay with us and we put this air mattress in the family room and you and Gavin were loving it! You jumped from the couch to the mattress a million times. It was so fun!
Ethan you reading in the kitchen. You love to read books.

Ethan walks into the bathroom while I am getting ready, "Woot, woo, mommy you are beautiful!"

Mommy, give me a hug (with arms stretched out)

Mommy, your my best friend

Hey Mommy, guess what? I love you!

Dance, Mommy, Dance!

Mommy come dance with me (especially anytime the BYU dancers are dancing on KBYU)

Mommy sing rainbow (somewhere over the rainbow)

Sing mommy, sing louder mommy!

Did you hear something? (with eyes moving back and forth and spoken in a whisper)

What was that? (also in a whisper, looking around quickly)

Mommy: "Ethan do you want to take a bath?"
Ethan: "Well certainly, I do." (With an emaphise on the cert)

Mommy: "Ethan do you want to go for a ride?"
Ethan: "Well, of course." (Always a head nod on course)

Maaaammy, I'mmm aaaawwwake (Every morning and every nap time. Ethan never gets out of bed until I come into the room to get him. He then tells me again, mommy I'm awake in a cheerful tone)

Mommy: "Ethan will you come here for a minute?"
Ethan: "Well, don't mind if I do."

"Mommy, you and Sarah are my best girls."

Everynight at bedtime we read scriptures to Ethan, 2 books, and sing 2 songs from the hymn book, he also wants me to sing somewhere over the rainbow. Ethan's most requested song is Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd...a little shocked, us too, but Ethan loves that song and can sing all the words right along with us. After Matt turns off the lights, Ethan says, "Hey it's dark in here" (he says it every night and it never gets old)

Typical prayer: "Our gracious Heavenly Father, please bless mommy and daddy and Sarah that they will come rescue us. Please bless the food in the name of Jesus Christ amen." Then Ethan says to me, "mommy was that a long prayer, short prayer, or a happy prayer?"

Ethan some how has picked up a Southern accent

I just like him way to much! Here is Ethan before our trip to California loving life in the suitcase. Here is Ethan with his cars and all is well.

I love you, sweetheart! So very much!! 

No comments: