Happy 4th of July! Right now we should be at the parade where we set down blankets last night with our family, but instead I am sitting here writing this blog. Why, you ask? Well I got up and this morning to workout with my partner in crime, Julia and when I came home and everyone was still sleeping I thought well I should weed my planter beds. So I was enjoying the quiet morning and the weeding that I was getting done, when Matt walked out to greet me. He asked me if I would like him to make breakfast and called me a few minutes later, for a delious breakfast of strawberry and blueberry pancakes and eggs. After breakfast I decided it was time to shower and get ready for the parade only to realize that our sewer line is backedup and is coming up through the bathtub. AAAUGH! Let's just say this...I love my little, old house, but I very much dislike my old pipes that go with this old house. About three times a year, sometimes not so often, but this year, we are on our third go around I believe and at $90.00 a pop to get it fixed it's not the greatest 4th of July treat. So that being said, we have had a wonderful holiday season.
Friday we started the weekend off with a birthday party for Abby. It was a lot of fun and Ethan and Sarah you swam, jumped on the tramboline, and played on the playground at the Gardner's house and had the time of your life. We stayed until swim lessons and then went for our last day of instructions. Daddy got off early and came to see what you had both been learning
Grandpa singing that the Layton park in the Men of Song. Easily one of my favorite things to go to each year. When they sing the Hail to Arms song and all the past or current military people stand and they sing their songs, I cry every time! It's beautiful and the crowd always gives them a standing ovation.
Here is our Sarah girl, loving the performances! If there is singing and dancing Sarah will not move an inch.
Sweet Ethan enjoying the show!
Family fireworks at Grandma and Grandpa's house.
If there is a show, Aunt Cassie says there must be treats! Sarah loving her sucker.
Ethan I love that smile!!
Ethan trying out his sparkler in front. Daddy and Sarah playing with the sparkler behind.
Ethan and Britton enjoying the running and sparkler magic!
Sarah wasn't really sure about the sparkler, but she is enjoying it now.
Mr. Parkin and myself enjoy the show and celebrating the fact that ten years ago today we went out on our first date. Look at those blue eyes!! How couldn't I fall in love with this amazing and wonderful man. You are everything I could have ever hoped for and so much more. I love you, Geeves. Happy first date anniversary!
No comments:
Post a Comment