Wednesday, April 6, 2011

These are the days of our lives...

So I keep thinking that I am going to journal funny things and that I will never forget anything adorable that my children do, but I do. So I am attempting to capture so of my favorite moments from the last few months. Let's start with Ethan. So we are reading the scriptures before bed time and for several nights in a row we have been talking about prophets and what does it mean to be a prophet. Ethan turns to me and says, "Mommy I've been thinking (most of your statements start out with that line) you know you and Daddy are like a prophet." I say, "ya, what do you mean?" Ethan: Well prophets are supposed to tell us what we should do and how we should live and that is what you and Daddy do for me and Sarah. That makes you like a prophet." I told you I was very proud of you and that I like the way your applying what we are studying. I thought that was pretty cute and profound. The next night were reading the scriptures again and you say, "Mommy can I tell you something?" I say of course and you say, "Mommy I am going to be a prophet." I stop and stare at you for a minute (because like all moms I think you are perfect and that really could be a reality for you) then I say, "Ethan I believe that is true." You then say, "Ya Mommy and when I am the prophet, I'm going to preach the gospel to all the world. I am going to find Satan and teach him the gospel and if he doesn't listen, do you know what I am going to do. Of course I say, no. Then I get this finish, "well if he won't listen I am going to blow up his house!" I sit there for a second and try to keep a straight face because you are dead serious and so proud of what you just said. I try to explain to you the condensed version of the pre-mortal life and how we all made a choice to come here and that Satan isn't going to change. That he already made his choice, but you were still determined that you could make him see the light. You got to love being five years old and seeing the world with such innocent eyes. Okay so number three story with Ethan. Both kids are watching movies in two different rooms in the house. I tell you that when the show is over that you need to turn the t.v. off and go play. Well you listen and turns the t.v. off, meanwhile Sarah's show is still going in the family room. You start playing in your room, but remember that you left a toy in the family room. You run in the family room and come straight to the kitchen (I'm cooking dinner) and say, "Mommy I made a mistake and I am sorry it was an accident." I say, "Honey what are you talking about." You say, "my eyes just looked but I'm sorry and I didn't mean it. Only one eye looked will you forgive me?" I had no idea what you were talking about and told you to back up and tell me again what was going on. You said, "Mommy, I went in the family room to get my toy and my one eye saw Sarah's movie that was playing. I didn't mean to look it just happened. I am really sorry." I turned to you and I gave you a big hug and said, "Ethan I don't care if you finish watching Sarah's movie I just didn't want you to start another show. You are not in trouble at all and I am so proud of you and your willingness to be so obedient." I get a big hug back and smile and you run off to play. Sometimes I watch you, Ethan and you are so pure in heart, I just can't believe how much you want to please. Ethan you are my little angel and I love you so much! There are great things ahead for you. Some of the things you love right now are the pink panther, inspector gadget, lego indiana jones, lego batman, and lego star wars. You love strawberry oatmeal and a banana for breakfast, and a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch. If you could pick dinner every night it would usually be a burrito. You have your favorite potatoes that we have named Ethan potatoes and you love them! You will eat anything and everything and you always praise my food every night. You make it a delight to cook for you. When you get dressed in the morning you love to put your pajamas back on over your clothes and come running out like you didn't get dressed and then start laughing while you take the pj's off, only to reveal your clothing underneath. You love school and you love Mrs. Hafen. You sit at the green table right now and love sitting with, Kaden Fisher, Kaden Borego, Lindae, and Kennedy Cowley. You have an extremely active imagination. You never stop dreaming or playing. Any object in your hand becomes something amazing! A pencil, now a rocket ship. An eraser, now a boat. A program from church, now an airplane, anything can be fun for you. You are a great reader and love math and science (just like your daddy). You have an incredible memory and memorize things so quickly that I have to cover the words when you read so you won't just read it once and then memorize the book for the other times we read it. Writing time is your least favorite part of school. You have never liked to color, draw, or anything really with a pencil. You love building instead. You love your trio blocks, puzzles, star wars, batman, spider man, and there is always room for cars. Just last night you lost your two bottom teeth. Daddy pulled them out with floss tied around them and you were really brave. You said, "Mommy how much money will the tooth fairy leave me." I said, "I think she will leave you a dollar for both teeth." You said, "Mommy you know what I am going to do with that money, I am going to give it to you and Daddy so you will be rich!" I am blessed to be your mother. You love to cuddle with mommy or daddy. We walk every morning to your classroom holding hands and you give me the double squeeze the entire time were holding hands (which means I love you). You have no problem giving me kisses and hugs before you go into the classroom and you are my little man. I love you sweetheart. Now to Sarah. Sarah you are a gem! You are all girl. You love everything princess, pink, and fluffy. Every morning when I finish doing your hair you look in the mirror and say, "I am a beautiful princess." You love to run out of the bathroom to find daddy because you want him to reaffirm what you just said in the mirror. He always stops and says, "You are a beautiful princess." Which gets a big smile from you and usually a big hug right after. Two nights ago I was sick a daddy came home with roses and a magazine for me (I know I am spoiled) and the first thing out of your mouth was, "Are those roses for me daddy?" Daddy smiled and said, "There for mommy sweetheart, but next time do you want me to bring you roses?" Sarah: "Oh yes daddy!" Then you came running into my room with the roses and in your soft voice said, "Mommy, Daddy got you roses and they're beautiful." You then put your hands together and put them up to the side of your face as you always do when something is beautiful. The final touch is the slow motion eye closing and opening. I told your dad that he has ruined you for any boy to come your way because he has raised the bar so high. I can just see you saying well my dad always rubs my moms feet, or my dad always gets my moms coat, or my dad always dances with my mom in the kitchen, and the list goes on and on. You are quiet the little lady. Last night we were getting ready for bed and I told you to go get your pajamas on and you came out with a dress and said, "I want to wear this, because I am a princess." I tried to persuade you to wear something else but you were adamant that this needed to be worn at that moment or the world would end. So I let you play in it for about forty five minutes and then you happily got in your pajamas. You are learning that comprise isn't such a bad thing and that it usually ends up with all of us happy. Your favorite line these days is, "Your my best friend." Also wherever we go you ask me what every one's name is. We walk complete strangers and you say, "Mommy what's her name?" I say, "I don't know." You reply, "yes yo do mommy, come on what is here name." Then you will turn to the person and say, "Are you a stranger? I am Sarah." You always charm people right off the bat and then tell them who I am and that Buddy (Ethan) is your brother. Where ever we go the blanket, binky (I know it's terrible but she is still 2), and some princess doll go with us. You love your bell doll and your sleeping beauty polly pocket. You love you littlest pet shop animals and your favorite one is a hamster that you have named Brynlee after your cousin. You count to fifteen, you know your shapes, and colors and love to ask lots of questions about everything you see. You are very bright. You love to cuddle, especially right after a nap. You love to go to Target. You love Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Curious George, you could easily watch them all day long if I would let you. You love strawberry oatmeal for breakfast and chicken nuggets for lunch. You love to eat dates with your daddy. You love all fruit and are learning to love all veggies. You have an obsession with apple juice and it's the first thing you ask for when you wake up in the morning, and then we have to remind you the rest of the day that you already had your glass of apple juice and have to wait until the morning for your next one. You are beyond polite and are always blessing everyone and anyone when they sneeze, saying excuse me for anything that should be kept to yourself, saying please for everything you ask for, you are very polite and I love it! You love to play with your purse and do mommy or daddy's hair for that matter. You love to color and you love to do stickers in your sticker book. When Ethan is doing homework you always want to be at the table doing your "homework" as well. Sarah you are what every mother dreams off when they are having a little girl. I love you with all my heart. I look forward to your future and the amazing woman you will be become. As for Matt and I we are pretty much the same. He is still the manager over the mechanical engineers at his company and loves the people he works with, especially Pete Shay. He has been an amazing mentor and friend to Matt. He is the first counselor in the young men's and loves those boys and the fact that he gets to go camping several times a year. He is the best husband and father in the world and I adore everything about him. He is giving, self-less, a spiritual rock, my best friend and the person I most want to talk to everyday. I literally count down the hours until he is home. When Matt is home he brings a spirit of peace and joy that only he can bring. He is my everything. As for me I am still serving as the education counselor in the relief society and I love the people I serve with. They teach me a great deal and it's been a year of a lot of growth spiritually for me. I love being a mom to the two most wonderful children and I hope to have many more. We did have a ectopic pregnancy in December and lost that baby, which was physically painful and a loss knowing that we would have to wait longer for another child. But hopefully soon the Lord will bless us with another child. I love my Savior. He is my Redeemer and my friend. I know through His atonement I can become clean from the mistakes I make everyday. He knows me personally and he heals me and comforts me. I am nothing without Him. It is through Him that all things are possible and if I could tell my children anything it is that He is real, He knows them, and He loves them. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the true and living church on the earth today. Personal revelation is a gift from our Heavenly Father and He is waiting for us to turn to Him. The scriptures are His words and can bring you more comfort than anything else. Through the blessings of the temple our family is sealed and will be bound together for all time and eternity. We have a prophet today that leads and directs our church through the hand of God. When life is hard never doubt the one thing that is sure, Jesus Christ is real and He walked this earth so he could succor His people. He know you and loves you and you will never suffer anything he can't understand and relieve. He loves you. He is REAL! I love Him with all my heart and it's through Him that I will one day meet again with my Father in Heaven. I love you Matt, Ethan, and Sarah. Love Mommy.

1 comment:

Corinda said...

What a beautiful post and what special kids you have. I loved all the stories, but laughed especially about the one where Ethan apologized for accidentally seeing Sarah's show with his one eye. If the world had that kind of desire for obedience, can you imagine what a great place it would be?